Pages

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Pen Pals and Envelope Art by Marisha Goodman

I never realized how interesting having a pen pal could be - especially when they share some of the same interests. I got my first pen pal a while ago (since elementary school, at least), and she is really wonderful. For Christmas she sent me some Star Trek cards, a book, a pin, and a comic - all of which by some miracle I did not yet own, and I recently sent her a package as well. I look forward to reading her letters, but she often also adds something special which I admire when I pick up my mail and later when I pin it on my wall. She gave me permission to share these drawings.

On one of the envelope flaps she drew me a Dalek (which caused me to burst out laughing in the drugstore):


I'm not sure what it wanted me to obey, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with orders to wipe out the human race.

On the front of that same envelope was a beautiful drawing of myself in my Vulcan Priestess robes as I appeared at the 2013 Central Canada Comic Con. It is now one of my favorite drawings - everything about it looks so graceful and serene:


On another envelope she drew what I assume is her own Vulcan self, looking equally as beautiful and stoic:


I would like to sincerely thank everybody who has sent me a letter, package, or drawing. If you have sent me something and have not yet received a reply, I finally got to send out my letters the other day and they are on their way.

If you are interested in exchanging letters with me, please contact me at vibrant.oxymoron@gmail.com and I will give you my mailing address.

13 comments:

  1. She is a very good artist. I used to add envelope art to my letters as well once upon a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is awesome and very informative keep Sharing this type of blog.

    หนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post about chronic about work I Get more help from your post I found so many blogs related to this But do not get that much information also I found some interesting information about PayPal vs. PopMoney Which is best ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post I'm really thank full for you for this post. Here I have one of the best Download DeSmuME emulator for your PC to enjoy gaming on windows and Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  5. เครดิตฟรี คืนยอดเสีย โปรโมชั่น ดีๆที่เราพร้อมจะแจกจะ ช่วยทำให้การเดิมพันของคุณนั้น เล่นได้มากยิ่งขึ้นกว่าเดิม พีจี ยิ่งเล่นยิ่งรวยใน การเล่นเกมกับ บรรดาเว็บทั้งหลายนั้น

    ReplyDelete
  6. slot game 6666 เกมส์สล๊อตออนไลน์ slot online สล็อต เล่นง่ายได้เงินจริง ระบบ ฝาก-ถอน AUTO 30 วินาที เพียงแค่นั้น พีจี สล็อตแจกเครดิตฟรี slotgame6666.com มาแรงที่สุดในชั่วโมงนี้

    ReplyDelete
  7. ทุกคนบางทีอาจจะเคยทราบหรือคุ้นชื่อกัน พอเหมาะพอควร สำหรับเกมส์ได้รับความนิยมน่าเล่นอย่าง SLOTXO แม้กระนั้นคุณจะรู้ไหมว่าเหม สล็อตออนไลน์ เกมนี้นั้น ได้มีเกิดมายาวนานแล้ว

    ReplyDelete
  8. ทางเข้า pg เกมสล็อต เล่นง่าย แตกง่าย การเล่นเกมออนไลน์ pg slot มีความนิยมและเป็นที่ต้องการของผู้คนในยุคปัจจุบัน โดยเฉพาะเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่เติบโตมากขึ้นเรื่อย ๆ

    ReplyDelete